Sunday, August 30, 2009

Using a USB reader on a Greco Sytems MINIFILE Plus-SS2

QUESTION: Hello, we just bought your 3 = floppy disk drive to USB flash drive reader converter, I am trying to use it with a Greco Sytems MINIFILE Plus-SS2, the old version without USB (http://www.grecosystems.com/products/minifile.html).

I replaced the original floppy reader, when I plug my USB drive, the red light flashes, when i try to access the files from my system I have a "Disk Time Out" message and the green LED on your drive isn't flashing at all. Any advice?


ANSWER: Setting the drive to 720 is a possibility. That would be pin number 8.

As for setting it to drive 0 or drive 1, I do not know which dipswitch that is.

You could have a IBM USB drive and trying to replace a TEAC.

For additional information, please contact us.

No comments:

Post a Comment